Monday 30 January 2012

The Little White Lie of "FISH STICKS CURES NOSE BLEEDS"

So I am kind of wondering something. Okay before I get started just wanted to say I am well aware of how bad it is to tell a lie. I know that all sin is equal and that we should not do it, but I have always wondered about the so called little white lies as people call them. I have told a few of them myself and just wondering if this story is allowable or am I still held accountable. I can think up many reasons in my head how I think God would over look this one lie, but on the other hand I can think of many other reasons why he wouldn't.  Alright so here is my little white lie. So as everyone know I have an autistic brother. He is very finicky when it comes to food and eating. He thinks if it looks gross then it tastes gross, and same with smells too, if it smells gross then it will taste gross. My parents and I always had a hard time dealing with him when it came to eating real food around any meal time. It was to the point that he would only eat from McDonalds or any take out joint. Like Pizza, Wendys mainly burger joints. We could not even get him to eat a burger at home even if we made it in front of him to show him how it looked just like a wendys burger or a McDonalds burger. Or even home made pizza or even if we bought something from the grocery store like Delissio for an example, he would just gag. He had it in his head that anything from home made from any of us was healthy food. Although it was the same food from the fast food joints that we would try to make him and we did tell him how it is unhealthy from the burger joints and it is still unhealthy at home so it does not make a difference.  So it got to the point that it was getting too costly to be buying breakfast, lunch and dinner everyday for years from McDonalds and other fast food joints. We would keep the little french fry containers that they came in from McDonalds and just reuse it over and over again with fries we made from home. He had no clue of the difference and we would save a pizza box and then cook some at home that we bought from the grocery store and would bake it and then put it in the box. We would make either one of my parents just walk in the door and yell "PIZZA" or "MCDONALDS" then set down the old box of pizza or McDonalds. But one day Joel had caught us all in the act, he seen my mom open the over when she was checking on the french fries and then realized that when we tries to give him the fries in the McDonalds fry container he would gag and refuse to eat it. So it went back to the old way again. Then for two summers in a row I was baby sitting Joel while my parents would be at work. So I got tired of doing all this take out stuff. One day Joel had fell down and hurt his nose badly to the point of bleeding. So he asked me what would cure nose bleeds. So I blurted out the words "salads and fish sticks cures nose bleeds, that is the only thing you can eat that will help it stop". So that got Joel into eating salads and fish sticks, he now eats them to this day and loves them. As more time went on something would happen and I would tell little white lies like that to get him to eat real food. So what I am wondering is, is that wrong to lie to him like that? Because we all know that there is not a food in the world that would cure a nose bleed and that your nose does eventually stop bleeding on its own. All sin is equal and a little white lie is as bad as murder. It is written in the bible. Lying is also in the 10 commandments too. So what is the verdict here??

No comments:

Post a Comment