Wednesday 29 February 2012

I Found An Aged Paper Trick

Alright so I am trying to do different tutorials on how to age your paper to look like the old style. I have tried brushing cold black coffee onto my paper and then letting it dry over night, which I did not like the out come. It did not darken enough for my liken. So I have tried so money others as well, but now I finally found the one I am going to use with some of my poetry written on it for the cover of my poetry book. So here is the quick little method. Brush cold coffee onto your paper while on a cooking sheet, then cook in oven on 400 and keep light on to look in, when edges start to curl up take it out. It goes really dark. Also forget to mention to squirt some lemon juice on top of the paper and brush it up and down with a silicone brush. So I really like this effect, because not only does it get dark enough, but the edges kind of get a little burnt each time which gives the illusion of a distressed look so it makes it look much older too. It definitely keeps me from having to light up a tea light candle and then burn the edges and then quickly put the fire out with a cloth like some tutorials tell you to do in order to make the edges look distressed.  So now all I got to do now that I found a method that works for me. I just got to get photos taken of the old paper then pick the best of the ones that turned out good and put it together as my cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment