Saturday 29 October 2011

My Favorite Time Of Year

It is now getting closer everyone! I am so excited for the most best time of the year. My favorite time of the year is Christmas, and no it is not because of the gifts. That use to be my reason why I liked Christmas as a child. Now it is much different. I love Christmas, it is the only time of year where almost no one has to work and gets the day off. I love the family gatherings, and I love the big Christmas dinner. I mainly enjoy the home made stuffing and gravy that my mom makes. It is so delicious, I just do not understand why my mom never became a Chef. Another good perk of Christmas is just singing the songs and watching old classic movies about Christmas. Another enjoyable thing about Christmas is the tree, I just love the smell of the pine and the woodsy aroma off the tree. The best part of the tree too, is the whole family decorating together. Everyone in my family seems to have their own thing they do well with the tree. My father loves putting on the lights, while I enjoy putting on the garland or ribbon, my mom, brother and I take over with the rest of the trinkets too. Oh we can not forget about apple pies and pumpkin pies and all the tasty desserts. This year I definitely can not wait, because this year will be Aaliyah's first year of Christmas. I can not wait for her reaction to the tree with the lights flashing. This will most likely be one of the best Christmas' for me.





No comments:

Post a Comment