Friday 28 October 2011

Hummus

Alright I finally made my own home made hummus. It was so delicious too!! I just read the main ingredients that is usually put into the whole mixture for hummus off the back a container of store bought hummus and also I worked at a greek restaurant that had a few secret ingredients of their own that they put in it. So to start here is all the stuff you will need: Chic Peas, Lemon Juice, Olive Oil, Paprika, Garlic Cloves, Salt. Okay so how I made it was took the can of chic peas and poured it including the water from the can into a pot and boiled it for a minute, then put it in the blender with some of the water from the can. Next I poured about a big squirt of lemon juice into it, along with olive oil ( well in my case grape seed oil, because it is healthier) than I put in 2 tablespoons of paprika. I turned on the blender. As I kept blending I just kept adding a little water here and there, because chic peas tend to get really thick so thin them out I would add some water and every now and then keep adding a few splashes of grape seed oil until you can see the blender swirling the chic peas around. Then I added 5 chopped garlic cloves to the blender along with a pinch of salt. There you have it. Yummy hummus





No comments:

Post a Comment