Monday 28 January 2013

Bullying

So I have wrote about a situation where I witnessed a time of sometone getting bullied. I wrote about it back in November of 2012, but it had taken place a lot earlier then the time it was written. It took place the summer of 2011. And it is something that is still going on with this women I had written about. Since my leaving the work place and such I had kept contact with this women through e-mails on a daily basis and the situation for her hasn't stopped. If you haven't read my post about it before here it is now at:Suffering In Silence.
It is pretty sad that what was going on then is still going on now. Even after being informed not by the women in the post who is being bullied but by the women who I also mentioned in the post who is my cousin, she informed me that the women who has been bullying this particular lady was fired from being over heard by a student cursing and swearing,this student also happens to have a parent that is a professor at the university and complained about the women.
It is sad, because even with the women who was bullying the lady that I had witnessed being bullied by her, it hasn't stopped. It never really has even after the incident I had witnessed. Everyone is so verbally abusive to this lady and complains about her to the supervisor, which does not help, because the supervisor is friends with all the co-workers of the bullied lady. And she believes every little word coming from their mouth. They could be making up lies about the bullied women and the supervisor will punish her for it.
I only speak of this and know it is the truth, because my cousin who is a co-worker and was once friends with the bullied women (until she found out how unliked she was at work) told me how people would treat her. People would blame the lack of work that doesn't get done unto the bullied women. And some of the other co-workers just plain out bad mouthed her.
See I worked as a security guard for the university and all of these people were the cleaners. So one time doing my usual rounds most of the cleaners would make conversation with me if I was in their building that they were responsible for keeping clean. And some of them would just plain out volunteer their dislike for the bullied women to me (as if they were trying to get me to agree with them, or partake in their gossip). It is so bad that they can feel it is okay to just say whatever they darn well please about her.
And what gets me the most right now is today I received an e-mail from the lady who still is being bullied by all of her co-workers. With being down talked unto and just giving her dirty stares,glares and plain out ignoring her existence when in the same area. And the supervisor wrote her an e-mail and lit right into her saying it is all in her head and she has to deal with it and stop dwelling on being bullied.
Well, how in the heck can she stop dwelling on it when people are intentionally being rude her. In one part of the e-mail to this lady from the supervisor was also implying that the lady who is being bullied was told that she was just making it up.
Like come on! A person being bullied wouldn't make such things up for fun. I am sure almost everyone wishes to be treated with the utmost respect. I know myself I would not go bragging to people that I was being bullied if I was not. And even you are being bullied it is sometimes embarrassing, just knowing that you are being bullied. It takes a lot of courage to confide to someone about being bullied to begin with, but to be told it is all in your head, or that you are making it up! What in the world would anyone want to make it up for? To get attention? Because I know I wouldn't make something like that up for attention. This lady is simply trying to seek help in her situation and she is being shut down before she can even be heard.
How fair is that? Do you think it is fair? Because I certainly don't feel it is fair.
For future reference don't work at the university as a cleaner in Saint John New Brunswick, because you will not be treated with respect at all if you happen to be a target like this lady has been. And if you try to be open to the supervisor there, she will just shut you down.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Ashley for agreeing with the stop a bully pledge by using your voice and lending your support and being a friend to some one who is a target of bullying , so that some one knows that she is not every ones target , so there is hope to be found . ( anonymous - me )

    STOP-a-Bully Pledge
    Item #B48
    I Pledge To Stand Up
    & Speak Out Against Bullying.
    I Recognize The Inner Worth
    & Value of Everyone.

    I Show Others Kindness, Respect
    & Eliminate Hurtful Behavior.

    I Recognize My Ability To
    Create Change

    ReplyDelete