Tuesday 15 January 2013

Cinderella Party

Aaliyah's 2nd birthday is only 15 days away, although we are celebrating it on the 25th instead of the 30th. I am sitting here gathering all the ideas I have come up with for her party, although, I am still at a loss for what to make for the food. I don't want to do pizza, that is so common. I also do not want to do the typical finger foods like sandwiches and sweets. I want to make a decent meal that says 'we're having a party,' with out making it an original everyday meal.
As for the theme, we are going to do Disney/princess again. I would like to do tinkerbell, but Aaliyah is still liking both that and Cinderella, and I have more access to Cinderella decor at stores than there is anything tinkerbell. Plus, I still have this photo prop of Cinderella from her 1st birthday. I am so excited! Aaliyah's response from her 1st birthday party was so fun. She had her eyes bulging out of her head trying to make sense of the candles on the cake along with those things, what are they called. Yes I've got it sparklers. It was a very tiresome day for the little princess. I am almost thinking about going to west edmonton mall or either the garden mall, because they both have the Disney store, and just go buy the Cinderella dress for her to wear. It would be great for pictures!!
As for decorations for new stuff, they have some Cinderella stuff in the $ store! I can't believe how much awesome things the $ store is bringing in. The $ store I shop at has a party store called Party Palace, which covers decorations for all themes, from princess, cowboy, halloween, christmas, all cultural religious stuff and even adult wear which is more like lingerie. They have really nice wedding attire there as well. And very nice balloons as well. I could go on, but I think you get the picture, there is not a theme they don't have. Anyways, my point is it is expensive there, but the $ store carries the same Cinderella table clothes and napkins, balloons etc as the party store, but for way over half the price.
Well, I am going to go for now. I got a lot of planning to do still. And we are picking up her cake today at DQ, because I got a certificate for $5 off our next cake, which expires today. So, we will keep it in the freezer until the party. Thankfully the $5 off certificate was given to me the month of my birthday back in december and they had attached the certificate to my cake. Which is good for me and the rest of us, because Jonathan and I love their cakes and so does our little princess. Also, my uncle Robbie and aunt Jody love it as well. So, I can't see them complaining about DQ cakes.
I also have to get going for this main reason as well. I have to have a lot of batteries charged and my camera lens cleaned and I am going to take pictures of the party in such a way to make people feel like they are there celebrating with us. I am going to put them in albums for Aaliyah's two sets of grandparent's, along with her great grandparents from my side as well. So I best be going so I can jot down the things needed at the $ store and write some more ideas that are popping in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment