Saturday 29 December 2012

Smash Book Journal

Just got in from working out and boy do I feel my muscles aching (in a good way) from the work the work out. Now that I am home I can relax a bit and possibly try this some what similar to scrapbooking idea that I have came across. It is called Smash Book. Instead of waiting to put together a good scrapbook page of a theme from Christmas with all the right decorative papers, stickers, labels etc that are related to christmas, this Smash Book is made to hold all of ephemera from your everyday life such as: Ticket stubs, receipts, photos, clippings doodles etc. It is like scrapbooking on the go, with out all the fuss and hassle of putting together a themed page, like I said earlier. You can also jot down funny quotes, or things your kid has said, pretty much whatever you want to put in it that has made your day. Any sort of a memento.
Although, this book is $15 and I am a frugal Mom and don't like paying that amount for such a thing. So I googled and researched online and found some alternatives, which apparently a good old composition book from the dollar store is just as good. And some girls even take patterned duct tape to decorate the front and back covers. Some people still buy the other things that go with the smash journal book like tape, stamps, papers, but it you're like me. Than I will be fine with dollar store items, along with getting cheap deals that I receive in my e-mails for coupons at Michaels craft store. Which I am happier to save my money than to splurge on ridiculous high priced items.
So, if I seem to like this way of quick scrapbooking on the go and at least fill up a whole book, then I will take a few pictures and share what I've done.

No comments:

Post a Comment