Monday 24 December 2012

Merry Christmas; Missing my family

Well it is Christmas and people are being all full of joy and merriment. Which is nice, but all I want for Christmas is to be home in Saint John with the rest of my family. This is officially my first year without my parents and baby brother Joel. And being here on this night without them is really making me miss them. It is not the same without them. I have grown up doing certain things with  my family for Christmas.
And we are not together to do any of it together. We always have a hot chocolate on Christmas Eve and as boring as my father finds the Christmas fire place channel we put that on and then play some Christmas music in the back ground lightly while we all unwrap that one Christmas eve gift and sometimes Mom and I sing some songs and do some duet version of the classic songs together. What I really think of when I think of my family right now is this song. Which I am going to share with you, to get the feeling I feel when around my family.
So there it is! A nice song we always sing together every year. My Mom and I sing this in such beautiful harmony it is breath taking. We always do a good job together. As much as I always feel frustrated at my Mom for things I do miss her lots. Especially now, and also my father, he is my rock and is the glue to our family. I wouldn't know what to do without him. He holds the family together and if something ever happened to him I know my family would fall apart.
Well I better get going for now, I can't seem to type right now with myself getting all sentimental and tearing up is not helping me able to see what I am typing.
So Merry Christmas to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment