Thursday 27 December 2012

Back In Shape

So Jonathan and I have decided to get back into shape. Which is well over due, because we keep saying it, but never really do anything about it. I have previously joined Golds Gym. Which is a good gym and I work out regularly, a lot more than I did before. We also changed our eating habits, and started to not eat late at night and if we are hungry at night, we eat things like baby carrots, broccoli etc.
We are also trying to make it more fun to do this, by competing with each other. So we weighed ourselves this morning and decided for the next three months to change our life style and cross off the main choices off our grocery list, to help refrain from habitual junk food eating out of boredom.
When I weighed myself in I am whopping 161 pounds. So, my goal is to be as skinny as my body will allow me to be after having Aaliyah, now I don't expect to be 110 pounds again, but if I could get to 130 to 135 pounds, I will be happy. I will be at a healthy weight for myself. As for Jonathan I can't disclose his weight, as he is really embarrassed of his weight, since this is the highest in weight he has ever weighed.
So, we are thinking maybe a before picture starting now, and after three months an after picture. So, if we have improved anything at all. Here's to hoping! It is all really about eating right, because to be honest with you. Before I got pregnant with Aaliyah, I ate very healthy and was 110 pounds for most of my teen years up until I got pregnant. Then I got into bad eating habits during pregnancy and didn't realize it would hurt my figure later. I was listening to people telling to me eat at every moment, I had a hunger pang, because it is good for the baby. But in reality my doctor told me to eat normal like I usually do, but in between meals have little snacks.
I was always a skinny mini so I know if I start eating the way I use to, not only will that help, but having a work out routine will help out as well.
So, here's to hoping for pounds to shed, but in a healthy way.

No comments:

Post a Comment