Friday 8 March 2013

Hired Then Fired

Just to be clear I am not talking about myself in this post. I did not get fired. However, today my boss let go a guy for whatever reasons and mentioned it to us in the board room that he let this particular guy go. It is just so sad really, because we all just started this Monday and now Friday is here and he let him go. I don't know why. I feel like our boss made a decision too quickly even though I don't know the actual reason, I am sure whatever it was there could have been some way of reasoning with him instead of just letting someone go.
I am kind of sad that this guy is gone, because of the fact that we all are so very comfortable with each other. It took us up until yesterday to really get comfortable and I was really finding myself the most comfortable around the guy who was let go. He and I had a lot of things in common we liked watching the same things and we are both 'fatties' and loved out food so we talked about recipes and things and laughed about a lot and he was the life the party so to speak (while in the board room).
What kind of sets me off now is the fact that I am not too sure if my job even secure especially not knowing the reason behind my fellow co-worker being fired, who knows now? Am I next? I sure hope not.
Anyways next week is a new week and I sure hope that the firing had nothing to do with any of the things he talked about in the boardroom, because he was very opinionated in a lot of ways. I guess I will never really know as to why he was let go.
I am just some what fearing for my position at SuperPro now that maybe none of us are safe. Well it is the weekend now and I must unwind from all things work.
Have a good weekend to all you hard workers and may your weekend be eventful and fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment