Tuesday 26 February 2013

Big Scare

Aaliyah gave me a huge scare today. See I was busy cleaning up the house and she was down for a nap and near the end when I was almost done and getting close to just taking a break before finishing off the last bit of housework she woke up and I could hear her in her room playing and what not so everything seemed fine from what I could hear of her in her room while doing housework.
Once I was done completing most of the housework I walk into her room to let her out and the first thing I see is her standing on top of her infant couch style chair for one scared me (the least once I tell  you what happened next) she was smiling at me then puts her hands in her mouth and was some what gagging and then she pulls out a tack! Yes a tack that is used to pin things up on the wall. Then I freaked out and ran to her and took it from her and out of the fear running through me I smacked her behind then looked around on her walls to see what was on the walls that was no longer there which was mini string lights on the floor. Which I used tacks to hang them up on the wall. Part of the string was slightly hanging for the past week in reach for Aaliyah to grab, and she was grabbing at it all week and it seemed sturdy enough for her to pull on with out it budging.
However, this time obviously she tugged hard enough to yank it down along with the 3 other tacks that were holding it up in place. Fear running through me when I realized that the two other tacks that had helped hanging this mini string was no where's to be found. So, then I got to thinking that she swallowed the other 2 somehow. I was sticking my fingers down her throat, with no luck of getting anything. So, I watched out for signs for about 10 minutes, because if she started coughing at all then that would be a clear indication she might have the other 2 lodged in her throat. But thank God after waiting I really searched her room and found the 2 other tacks in one of her toy boxes.
So, to my relief she hasn't choked on or swallowed the other 2 at all. I am telling you I was so scared, I have never felt so scared about anything in my entire life. My greatest fears as a kid growing up does not compare to the fear of something harming your own child.
After I found the 2 other tacks I took into a hard deep heaved crying fest holding and hugging her and kissing her and thanking God she was going to be okay. I am sure I was sitting on the floor holding and hugging her for a good 30 minutes before I could compose myself. I am so thankful that I do not have to be calling 911 to bring her to the emergency to get a scan to see if she fully ingested the tacks or got any of the tacks lodged into her throat and possible surgery to have them taken out. That would have to be the worst thing ever in the world.
I have definitely discarded those damned lights along with the tacks. I am not hanging up anything in her room at all that requires a simple tack. Only cute little disney sticker art for her bedroom or tape. Other than that nothing will be going on her walls for a very long time.
I am so grateful to God for protecting her. Jonathan and I pray for her everyday for her safety and protection from him and I know that during my time of house cleaning he was there protecting her until the very moment I walked in her bedroom to get her.

No comments:

Post a Comment