Saturday 9 February 2013

Out With Smashbook And In With Sketchbook

In a previous post I mentioned the idea of the whole smashbook thing where you glue, tape, staple etc everyday things into it from stamps, receipts, tickets, clippings etc, but I did not follow through. I just couldn't get inspired enough. The idea of it was cool and neat, but I always end up throwing away all those things forgetting about my smashbook.
So, another idea has caught my attention and I prayed to God to present the book for me to do it. Which is a sketchbook diary. I got one from Coles book store for 8.99 and it looks like a normal hard cover book. See I love to draw, well doodle in my case, because I am not good at doing portraits or anything of the such, but I always feel at ease when I am drawing and I see things all the time that inspire me to draw. Nothing wrong with doing this, it might help me to actually develop great drawing. This may be something that could help me draw better and in a different way since it is a private drawing diary with no art teachers or big artists around to judge my work. I think that is why I was always making bad grades in my art classes when I was in school.
So out with the smashbook and in with the sketchbook diary. I hope that I can get past the first page, because I have had this book for about 3 days now and can't seem to think anything that I want to draw is worth being on the front page. I read on a google article about other people who sketch all the time and they have the same problem when they buy a new sketchbook after being done with their last one. And they start drawing on the 2nd or 3rd page and when something hits them as to what would be a good drawing on their front page then they do it later.
Well I am done blabbering for today. I have got a family date night to prepare for. Jonathan is taking Aaliyah and myself out to dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment