Friday 22 February 2013

Trouble With Getting My Mind Onto Paper

I've been meaning to make more out of 2013 with my writing, but I always seem to get either distracted with the regular every day busy life with my toddler, that by the end of the day when she is in bed, I am not just physically drained, but mentally also. Or I get discouraged when I actually do get the time sit down and write, because I get in the habit of instead of writing while on my laptop I sit there and think of the minor free times I do get through out the day when I am not being kept busy by my toddler to jot down ideas that randomly came to me for another event to take place in my book. So I tell myself I will do it later, but then when later comes I forget that idea and then I get discouraged and starting silently bashing myself.
I've got some what of a good story, but the thing is I don't have writer's block I know what I want to write. Sometimes I just here as well playing it all in my head for the chapter I intend to write, but not even write it down. I already know how my books ends and I haven't even got to that part yet, I am only at the middle, plus on top if it all. I've got my poetry, which just comes flowing out of me and I always jotting down ideas on pieces of paper when I am in a place at the time where I really shouldn't be writing them down, mainly in church when I am suppose to be listening to my pastor I get a good start to a poem and then write it down and I not only feel bad for not giving my 100% undivided attention, but then my purse seems to eat everything I can't find that piece of paper with the ideas I've jotted down. Sometimes, things come to me when I am in the shower or taking a bath, so I always leave something to write on in there just in case.
Sometimes, I think it is useless writing stuff down. I've promised myself a millions times over that I will be myself a voice recorder and I always keep putting it off due to bills. I feel that if I had that instead of paper that it would be a lot easier to get out of me, because we all know that we can speak faster than we can write, type, jot down.
I even think it won't just help me with my poetry, but if I used it for my book as well it would be somewhat useful, because things come to me when I am driving and there is nothing I can do about that.
Anyways, my toddler is on the go and keeping me busy, and I should have been jotting ideas or doing something useful with my writing instead of being on here complaining. This is exactly what I am talking about. I get involved in other things that take away from my writing. 2013 is off to a bad start and I need to start to fix it now or else I will be going through this year like this forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment