Monday 11 February 2013

Sweetness!

At the grocery store tonight in No Frills, Jonathan noticed something different in the store that is not ever been seen in No Frills ever! From what I can remember anyways. So, we bought one to try it out. It is a cylinder long style like stick and has a hard rind on the outside and the consistency of pineapple on the inside and it is sweet.
Have you figured it out yet? What I am talking about? It not I will give you a hint.
There are a lot of companies these days that say they use it in its most purest form in a small tiny grain. But who really knows if they really do. Some people accuse thing sweet thing of making them gain weight. When in reality most people buy this product after it has most certainly been processed and packaged. I am sure that maybe in its purest form it is good for you and can be a very tasty treat.
Anyways I am done hinting around I am going to plain out tell you, since you might not know what it is, and if you have guessed it after the first mini-paragraph then good for you. So, this sweet treat that we bought is indeed a SUGAR CANE stick!
Pretty cool huh? I think so. I've heard of sugar cane sticks from the beginning of time, but never really encountered one. And the most funniest part of this whole thing is; Jonathan thought that it wasn't real, because he use to play farmville on facebooks Zynga games and you can grow crops and he grew some 'sugar cane,' in his crops. He thought it was something made up and never thought it was real so when I heard him say to me in the car after we bought it 'I thought no such thing existed and that farmville was making it up.'
Now that is just plain funny to me. I said to him 'Well, if you really paid any attention to the multiple times we went grocery shopping and bought a bag of sugar, almost all companies who make sugar always state somewhere on the bag 'made with real cane sugar'.
He really didn't even know! I know I am mean and shouldn't be making fun of my husband, but his simpleton moments make me laugh and I guess that is why I love him so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment