Tuesday 30 April 2013

Sickness

I arrive at work today at 6:55am walking down the hall to see a sick boss who can barely speak, he is that bad. Now even though I hate how I am treated by him at times and don't like his using curse words every other second. Along with using Jesus' name as curse. I am not gloating like most others would be about a boss of theirs that they were not fond of.
I actually feel for him to be honest! In general when he isn't going around acting miserable all the time and cursing he can be a nice guy. I never would wish any form of sickness on anyone. I know what it is like to feel like death and not want to be at work.
I feel so bad for him, because he is always in good spirits and smiling, but this sickness is taking a toll on him.
I am not saying that I like him to the point of caring for him like a daughter would or family member would to him, but I am not completely heartless.
I always thought about what I would think of when the time had come for him to miss a day of work due to sickness or show up to work being really sick, and I thought that I would be like any other typical employee and say he deserves it, but now that it is happening. I don't feel like he or anyone of that matter deserves such a thing. Sickness is not a good feeling, especially what has been going around here at work the past month. At the beginning of April, it was myself and Shelly, who were sick so badly, that you couldn't even trust a fart! LOL And then it has slowly spread from one person to another and I think my boss is the last one to catch it.
So, I know what he is feeling like right now. Your stomach feels like it is rotting from the inside out! Trying to eat anything at all or even having food in your mouth starts up your gag reflexes. Also, your temperature going up and down all the time, sweating then freezing like you have just came from outside of the snow. It is not a good feeling!
I look at my boss and just feel for him today. I do hope that he gets better. I almost want to leave work and go to the nearest Shoppers and pick up a can chicken soup and pepto bismal for him. But something tells me that he would not take it. He seems like one of those stubborn men that think you have to let your body go through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment