Friday 3 May 2013

Afraid Of The Dark

No I am not talking about myself in the title of this post. It is about Aaliyah, of course! I had a hard time getting her to go to bed Tuesday and Wednesday night this week, which was the first time ever to be honest. She loves going to bed, that is the only time she can have a bottle, since we don't give her a bottle of milk through out the day anymore, we give her juice, water etc to ween her off the bottle and soon enough won't need it for bed.
I never said aloud for her to hear me about being afraid of the dark, but I did mention it to Jonathan in front her, but I spelled it out, like most parents do when they don't want their kid to know what their parents are talking about.
So, to test my theory of her being afraid of the dark happened to be true, so when Thursday night came along, I tried putting her to bed, but she acted like she did the last few nights, which was as soon as we closed the door and turn off the light she started freaking out and crying. So, I laid her back down into her bed and left the light on while I read to her and sang to her along with massaging her forehead, temples, bridge of the nose and her scalp. She eventually fell asleep, so I left her room with the light on and door opened. And she slept through the night.
I never had this problem up until about 3 or 4 days ago. I just don't know where she would get the idea in her head to be scared. She always slept with the light off before. I am almost thinking this is something she might of heard kids from her day care talking about, because I never brought anything of the such to her attention, because I certainly don't want to have her sleeping with me. Don't get me wrong I love having her sleep in bed when she is sick, because I know when a child is sick they need their Mom, but when she is not sick and sleeping in bed with Jonathan and I, she is a squirmy worm!  She can't decide who's side of the bed she is going to sleep on. By morning Jonathan and I are far apart with a good huge 2 foot gap between us, we are so close to the edge of the bed, that we could fall off!
Anyways, I wish this was not the case. I live next door to our landlord and I don't want him coming to the door after a while of noticing the light being on in her room, because he is pretty anal that way. Complains about everything.
Well I best be off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment