Wednesday 8 May 2013

Scare

When I was about 14 or 15 around the time I was attending the private christian school that was run out of my own church I started taking these attacks. Which felt like sharp chest pains, heavy pressure on my chest along with shortness of breath and sometimes dizziness along with a very fast racing heart (and when that part happened I always started to hyperventilate). I suffered with it until I was about 17 years old then it just stopped! Thank God! It was a pain to deal with, because whenever I would have an attack I would have to take a pill which always made me feel too doped out. My doctor that I had at the time diagnosed it as Panic/Anxiety attack.
So it has been about 7 years since I have ever had an attack. Which is awesome, because I hate it I really do. Accept for yesterday May 7th. I was coming off of my break and then I had an attack! All of the above symptons I mentioned all took place. I left work after informing Marian the receptionist at my work to let our boss know that I had called my husband to come get me and take me to emerge.
That was a pain in itself! Even though I had suffered with these symptons before, I had to go through a series of tests since I haven't had this in years and is weird for it to come back ans stronger than the first time I ever got it. So they hooked me up to wires with these sticky like tabs on my body, then after that nothing was wrong with my heart they said. So the doctor sent me in for an x-ray to check out my lungs and rest of body and I was fine there. So, since nothing was really bad wrong with me they said it is just some stress related issues that made this arise and to just try all these different ways to calm myself down when another episode happens again. Deep breathing, closing eyes, go outside for some air away from my work desk at work. And if nothing happens after doing any of those then to procede with taking an adavan.  And I am not too fond of drugs, I don't want to take them. I had an adavan for another situation one time at my doctors office which will be for another post some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment