Sunday 28 April 2013

Bead

Kids are interesting! They see things in a different way. And get certain things in their diapers, like one time I came across while changing her diaper a full not eaten mini wheat in her diaper. She thinks it is cute to shove things up her nose and look at me and smile about it. Kids are the cutest!
Years ago I had moved away from Saint John NB when I was teen and had continued to write back and forth to my cousin and her friend Sarah like penpal's. They sent me a handmade key chain from a jewelry making kit. Which I had for a long time. It had all these beads on it.
Now about 2 weeks ago Aaliyah was digging through my purse and she some how broke the key chain, resulting in beads everywhere! I vacuumed them up; so I thought. Now just 2 days ago as I was changing Aaliyah's earrings since she lost one so I put 2 new ones in, as I put one in her right ear then put one in her left ear, I noticed something inside her left ear. At first I thought it was a big glob of ear wax. Until I pulled her hair back and looked more closely. It was one of those beads from the key chain!
I was kind of nervous for her, because I know that being at the emergency with in the next few minutes was going to be scary and I couldn't even be there with her. I had to work, so thank God, that Jonathan was able to go with her. Because I already had calling in sick twice at work since I started working there due to sicknesses going around. My poor little girl was apparently brave about the whole thing. They said they might have to sedate her so they tried taking the bead out first before sedating her to see if she will act up, but no she was totally fine!
I have a funny feeling that Aaliyah is going to be a lot like myself. I had a similar experience with a bead, but I put one up my nose trying to be silly and show my Mom and Dad. When my Mom tried to take it out, her chubby and stumpy fingers ended up pushing further up my nose, which resulted in going to the emergency as well.
Another hospitalized experience of mine was a result of halloweening! I came home from getting my treats with my cousins when we lived in Ontario. I had eaten a bunch of sticky candy, then saw a packet of peanuts in my sack. I broke open the peanut shell, but the little brown papery thing that is wrapped around the peanut itself got stuck to my sticky hands. Once I was done eating the peanuts, I felt tired out and yawned while rubbing my eyes. Then next thing you know, my eye was sore, itchy and irritated! I was freaking out, because it was so painful!
I am sure you know what happened, but I am going to say it anyways, yes the peanut shell paper was stuck in my eye right on the inner corner of my right eye. All I remember is freaking out at the hospital, they froze the whole area of my eye so it would not move around, but the worst part was being awake for them to put giant sized Q-tips in my eyes and other hospital tools in my eye to try and peel this papery thing off of my eye.

2 comments: