Sunday 25 November 2012

Rambling/Aaliyah/Christmas

We are early for everything Christmas this year in the Morin household. We have our tree up and all our presents bought. Just need to rearrange the lights on the tree, plus buy a few more string of lights, because some parts of the tree are lit up beautifully and the other parts are just barely anything at all. This year is definitely going to be a tough Christmas, because at least last year I had my parents living here with me in Edmonton, but they have decided to move back down to my home town in Saint John NB. So this year I will only have my husband and daughter. Which I am thankful to have, but am going to miss my family as well.
This year is our first year having a decent tree, because when we lived in Saint John, we could never really afford anything decent down there. Our first year together when we got married, we bought a little fake tree that was in a pot and it was about a foot long and we put it up on a pedestal so we could make the illusions of having an 'under neath the Christmas tree' look. And the year after that when we first came up here to Edmonton we were still getting our money together and situated so we bought a cheap $20 fake 4 foot tree. Which was still cute, but still not very noticeable. This year we have a 7 foot tree and my daughter just can't stay away from it. I always turn on the lights in the evening and she has came close to toppling the tree on top of her. That silly little girl. I even find her under neath the tree lying down and relaxing which is cute.
Once we get more lights for the tree and have it decorated I will have to take a photo and post it to show off.
Aaliyah is growing so much lately, with her height and even her mind, she seems to understand things much more than she did even though she is still learning to speak and she still does the baby chatter more than anything. Even her hair is growing! She is my little sweetie, I love watching her go on about her day. I usually sit myself at my kitchen table when I post on blogger here and look into the living room to see how she is doing and as always she is walking around with her lamby. And playing with the buttons on the tv. And she puts this toy that is meant to put different shaped pieces through, she wears it as her hat. haha such a silly little girl!
Lately, she has been finding out how to open the drawer that is on our computer desk and she takes Daddy's badge and puts it on her neck. She kind of reminds me of dog the bounty hunter walking around the house with it on. She also learned about Daddy's wallet! She loves taking all the cards out of it and throwing them onto the floor and keep the money inside.
Although, she has been scaring me lately, as she has decided to stand onto the arm rest of our couch and she has come close to falling a few times and thankfully I am quick to move. I even spilled a hot coffee on myself just to make sure she was safe. and OUCH! That coffee was hot. I rather suffer and hurt myself before I'd let anything happen to her. She is my sweet heart. It is funny how they say you will do anything for your kids and I never understood the love from my mom and her overbearing 'over protectiveness' until I had Aaliyah. I know what it feels like to have the protective Mama bear come out of me.
Even for the little things I am protective of her. I just love my little girl and am I so excited to see her reacting to Christmas this year as she is older and understand more about toys and things she likes. She has two disney characters that she likes right now. She likes Tinkerbell and Cinderella so this should be a good year, we have walked by toys over a month ago and she would whine for them so we definitely got a couple of surprises for her.
Well I best be going, because she is standing on top of the large speaker on the floor that is hooked up to our computer and I don't want her to hurt herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment