Wednesday 7 November 2012

It Is Here!

Wow! The snow is coming down heavy here in Edmonton today. To be honest I am excited that it is here. At first I was kind of ticked off that it was here so early, but then I got to thinking about all the fun things I can do with my little girl outside. She did not experience being out in the snow yet. Last year I felt she was too young to play in it and also at this time she couldn't walk at that moment, she was standing on her own, but not walking.
Now that I am thinking of the snow being here I saw a cool idea off of pinterest. Get a couple of cheap squirt bottles at the dollar store and fill them with water and add a drop of food coloring to each one. And spray the snow and then form them into balls. And build two snow fort walls and have a snow ball fight. So I figured it would be a nice play day with my daughter, Jonathan and myself. We can take turns having Aaliyah on our side and throw the colored snow balls at each other and at the snow fort walls and make a nice colored mess.
Before I came online to write here I was actually out in the snow shoveling. I forgot how bright of a white snow really is. It is so pretty! I remember when I was a kid and going up to my grandparents house every second weekend with my sister. We use to make snow forts and once we climbed to the top we would sit down and take a handful of snow and eat it; and did my grandmother every get angry with us. Telling us that it is dirty and it touched the ground and that animals might have urinated on it. It makes me laugh now, because when I come to think of it I believe I remember my sister picking up a yellow stained clump of snow and eating away at it.
Just to think that snow is one of the many things God created in this world. I am so grateful for the snow whether I may have my moments of not appreciating it when it gets a lot worse and much more cold that today. It is still an astonishing sight.
I am so glad it is here, it gives me a reason to go have a nice cup of hot chocolate, so I am going to go for now and make myself a nice mint hot chocolate for myself and my little one. Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment