Friday 2 November 2012

Facebook Or No Facebook

I officially right now hate facebook. Well the people working on behalf of technical support. So what is going on right now is I have been locked out of my account. And they can't even tell me why. So we repeatedly done a reset password and a recovery default password over and over and I still can not get logged onto my account. Which is now currently ticking me off. Before this Jacob guy from technical support decided to help me he ran a scan through my computer to check for any 'infections' as he called it. He was trying to convince me to pay $99 for some other person through the tech support to go through my computer and take out or delete these 'infections'. I told him I do not have that kind of extra money to be throwing around. He then hesitated to even try and fix my account until he realized that I was not going to be paying for it, he then sighed and gave in and tried to help me access my account. Which he utterly failed, what a complete illiterate. He is tech support and could NOT fix my account. Then says after fifteen thirty minutes of entering facebooks 'default' passcode which was '12345' he then says 'oh yeah, ummmm these kind of situations on facebook take time and probably near to 24 to 48 hours, so you're going to have to wait until Monday, then you can call me back and we can continue this'. Like what the heck if he knew that then why didn't he say so at the first attempt of entering the new reset password in the first place? So here I am facebookless for the whole weekend. If I do not get onto my account I will have a melt down. I have all my pictures on there from back when I first signed up for facebook, which is not on my current laptop now. They are old ones and the only copies I have. I will be pretty ticked off. I even wrote Mark Zuckerberg himself on facebook and told him that he has imbeciles working for him. Well I did not call his employee and imbecile, but I pretty much in a more professional way told him that this guy was not cut out for technical support.
I will be relieved if I get my account back, then I will take all my pictures and save them to my computer and also burn them a dvd just in case, then from there on, I might just deactivate my account. So the question is, should I or shouldn't I deactivate it? I really don't know anymore. I really feel like crying about now. Facebook is my only interaction with my parents and brother down in New Brunswick, besides skype, but they don't like skyping all the time.
I am thinking now, that if it were not for the fact that I have a really good fan page for my Poetry book I published, then I would deactivate my account. So I guess for now I might keep it. I really do not know at the moment, because I know right now I am speaking in the heat of the moment and I am just more angry then anything.
I guess I know how the people felt back when I was working technical support for HTC cell phones and if I could not fix the issue and we had to send their phones to get refurbished they were pretty ticked off at me. I guess I know how they feel now. Speaking of technical support for HTC my friend Dave Smith works there who is also a blogger on here. Just wanted to let ya know I am thinking of ya. Hope all is well.
Anyways later everyone. I am done venting now.

No comments:

Post a Comment