Tuesday 1 May 2012

Bisque & Housework

Well today is one of those days for good old comfort food. So I am making a seafood bisque, well actually not to seafood, because not everything from the sea is in it, but here what is: baby shrimp, clams, salmon, pollock or known as imitation crab meat. For the base of the soup I always use two cans of milk along with two cans of the clams along with the juice for the flavor it contributes to the base. I add about a table spoon of crab seasoning I buy from epicure. Which is a spice and seasoning company that sells all sorts of stuff for making dips or things to flavor soup bases and pretty much any goes when it comes to epicure. They even have stuff for making a delightful cheese ball as well. Anyways back to my bisque. I do not like salt, because it not being good for you although I like the flavor so the best way to have the flavor in your food is sea salt. I also threw in maybe 2 table spoons of butter. Yes real butter, not margarine. I hate margarine. I was reading an article on margarine and the way it is processed and made, it is a molecule off from being paint. Paint is made with the same ingredients. So if I wanted to melt my tupper ware I will do that, because margarine has melted plastic in it too. YUCK. Just to think of the fact that I use to use margarine over butter. Kind of makes me feel sick.

After the bisque Jonathan and I are going to attack our bathroom and be ride ourselves of the smelly poop diapers and also sweep and mop the floors. Which is a regular routine of ours on his 3 days off. I try to keep up as much I can when he works, but sometimes housework vs baby, it ends up I have to deal Aaliyah first she is my main priority and if every time I put her down and she is crying and nothing soothes her, but her mommy holding her, then that is what I have to do. I find I have to wait for her to take a nap so I can actually get things done,but even at that in order to do the job right you can't rush it, it takes time. I still wonder to this day of who ever made up the saying "the house work will take care of itself". I wish it was the case, because then I could do what ever I wanted, but we all know right now I am in fantasy land if I think that it will ever take care of itself.

Hopefully after we're done the house work we can go for a stroll or a leisurely drive to a park or some nice country roads. I am tired of being cooped up in this house 6 days then 3 days off Jonathan get that is my only form of freedom. If only Edmonton were much easier to understand and get around. And not so damn big I would take a step outside my door and beyond the McAllister look alike mall across thee street. If I go out with out Jonathan it is always to that mall and I hate malls.

No comments:

Post a Comment