Saturday 24 September 2011

Al Cannon

I worked at a call center the name is NCO. I worked on the Capital One campaign on day shifts on the year of 2007. I was there for only 6 months. I met a lot of people there and made one good friend along the way. The funny part is this friend I met was actually an old high school friend of my mother's. This friend was a grade younger than my mom. His name was Al Cannon. I only kept our friendship strictly at work basis. I than moved away for the summer time to Ontario, but I could not bare living away from home so I came back to Saint John NB and worked back at NCO. I had no family. I room mated with another friend I had met from working at NCO. I reapplied back to NCO. Al and I reunited and started hanging out all the time. I never would have thought that I'd become best friends with an old friend of my mother's. We just hit it off. Rumors started that Al and I were dating. Which were not true. You see I was 18 at the time and for my age I was a very mature. I never got along with girls my age. They always seem to start unnecessary bull crap. I always did get along with people much older than me anyways. However, the accusations of me dating my friend Al was too much so we stopped hanging out as much to shut people up. I did end up leaving the call center and kept in contact with Al. We remained friends forever. The following summer we spent almost everyday together and I met his sons which were close in my age. We all got along which was nice. Then after the summer we all got busy. I was in a new relationship with my now husband Jonathan. About 6 months after I was in my relationship Al was in a relationship too. He was happy which was nice to see. We always intended on doing double dates since we now  have a significant other, but as you know relationships always tend to keep us busy. I eventually got married to Jonathan. Al made it for a split second to the reception. I wish he could have stayed longer, but he was busy with work and could not get it off for my wedding. I made attempts plenty of times to get together with Al and my husband and Al's girlfriend. I eventually got pregnant and Al's girlfriends daughter was pregnant too. However, her daughter gave birth before I had mine. So I went into labor approximately 2 or 3 weeks after her daughter. I texted Al from my cell in the middle of the night to let him know I was in labor. He did respond and said he will come in with his girlfriend to visit me. I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl on January 30th 2011. I was in the hospital for 2 days before I was released . I had not seen Al at all. He hadn't come to visit me at all. I was kind of sad and a little mad. Only because we try to make plans and nothing has been falling through for the past year. On the day of my release I received a phone call from my mom while I was being driven home by my grandparents. She told me that she was talking to his eldest son on facebook chat. He said that his father took a heart attack the night Aaliyah was born. So it was not long after Al and I texted that he had passed away. And the part that really gets me the most. Is in the most happiest time of my life giving birth to my daughter my friend was dying while I was being happy. So I sometimes still feel guilty for being happy, because I was mad that Al had not shown up at all before and after the fact I gave birth to Aaliyah. So here you go. This is a blog story of my best friend Al Cannon. I love you Al. I miss you so much. I'd give anything to be eaten a shawarma with you one more time. Rest in Peace my dear friend. I am sorry for being mad that you weren't there. It was not your fault.






No comments:

Post a Comment