Wednesday 7 March 2012

My Fancy Home Made Breakfast

So I was inspired lately to start making some yummy and healthy breakfasts due to all the cooking shows I watch on tv and also some what inspired by some of the fancy looking breakfasts that are served at Cora's. I made waffles the prepaid kind unfortunately that is the only part of my breakfast that is not home made, because my waffle maker is back home in Saint John. So what I did is got a recipe to make a compote for strawberries, because there is nothing so tasty then having waffles or pancakes topped with that sweet fruity sauce. I actually googled the recipe and it gave me large amounts according to feeding a huge crowd of people so I just had to know what ingredients really that I needed. And then just had to add sugar to the boiling strawberries here and there to make sure it was as sweet as I want it. So all you need is what ever fruit you want to make into a compote sauce cut them up boil them and then once boiled allow to cook the rest of the way on medium heat until thick sauce/syrup like consistency. It also calls for for some kind of alcohol, but if you do not want to use it an alternative for it was lemon juice so a put a little squirt in of maybe 2 tablespoons. Once the sauce is sweet and thick turn it onto low and then pop your waffles in the toaster. Or if you have a waffle maker, just pour your pancake mix or if you do home made mix too that is awesome. But pour it onto your waffle maker and make sure you turned it on from the beginning when you first started making your sauce so your waffles will be hot enough and cook really quick. Don't forget too to grease the waffle maker. Then there you have it your waffles. Put onto plate and chop up maybe at least 3 strawberries and throw them into the pot, just so you have some good yummy chunks of strawberries to go with the sauce, but don't let it sit long or else it too will turn into sauce. Pour the compote with strawberries on top of waffles and then if you wish, take some confection sugar and sprinkle over top for extra taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment