Monday 19 March 2012

My ATM Favourite Healthy Snack

So I've been trying to keep it healthy lately. Since I have finally come to realization and stopped living in denial of the fact that I can't eat anything I want and not gain weight. My body does not work the way it use to when I was a skinny little teenie bop. So I cut adding sugars and sweeteners to my diet. I am not eating margarine anymore, I am using natural fats like real butter. So the only in-take of sugars I do have is what is in fruits and that is it. So here is a good healthy snack that is small but packed with lots of good flavor. So I take flat bread of any kind. I use anything from whole wheat to tomato basil and to spinach flat breads. I spread some pesto liberally all over the flat bread. Then add about a tablespoon or a little over of olive oil to help the pesto spread a little bit. I put some chopped artichokes from the jar on top. I add a mixture of both sliced green and black olives. Some diced onions. Also some chopped mushrooms. And some asparagus and a little bit of corn. Then top it off with some sea salt and pepper and some freshly chopped garlics. About a clove or two. ( Or you can mince the garlic and mix it in with the spread of pesto). Sprinkle some cheese on top. I use havarti or Smoke Gruyere and there you have it. A tasty snack and also healthy too. I will have to take a photo some day of my favourite snack and upload it to this post.

1 comment:

  1. So fancy! It sounds delicious - minus the olives, I'm not much of an olive girl myself ;)

    ReplyDelete