Friday 13 April 2012

Minor Poetry Book Problem

My book is coming along great with my poetry in place the way I want it. I can upload my file with all my document content anytime I want, but something keeps holding me back. Something inside me keeps saying that I didn't write enough poems. I am not too sure if it is because I did not write about every single person in my life and I just want to avoid the issue of hurting certain people. I feel I do owe them, but not entirely. I write what I feel and half the time when I write I write about people that mainly made some form of positive or negative impact in my life. I feel that close friends and family members will be hurt if they do not have a 'special' poem written about them. Maybe I don't owe every friend and family member. I fear that if I don't go out of my way to write about everyone that they won't buy my book and help spread the word. I am not sure what to do. I do not want to hold off any longer, but not sure what to do. I draw blanks half the time I sit down and try to write poetry about family and friends that I think of that will be offended if they aren't written about at all. So maybe I should just forget what everyone thinks. Not every friend and family member usually makes strong impacts on your life like certain people do. But just because they aren't written about does not make them insignificant to me. I truly love all my family and all my friends. I just don't want to hurt anyone's feelings when they read my book and see that there are no relating poems to them with certain inside jokes made into a poetry riddle that only THEY would know is for them. I know some people are looking for poetry with that twist on it to know it is their poem about them with out me making mention. My intent is not to hurt anyone, but maybe I am just being too softy. I feel that for all family and friends that are at least understanding will understand that if they do not find a poem/poems written about them that it does not mean I don't think of them highly. Sometimes when you think of certain events or thing your experience with certain people it may sometimes be too personal to write about or sometimes I just can't think up the appropriate words to write about them. I hope to all you guys that aren't mentioned that you will understand it is not a personal thing I have against anyone. And who knows. I still write new poems now all the time that may contribute to another book for me to publish. So maybe a new fresh start. So I am done venting now. I had to get this off my chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment