Sunday 15 April 2012

Don't Quit School

Thought that I would get this out there while it is still fresh in my mind. I want to let young teenagers know that dropping out of high school is the worst decision that any one can make in their life. The reason why I write this is because I myself have dropped out of high school. And I want to get out there to everyone the importance of high school and how much I truly regret ever quitting school. I wish I could rewind my life back when I was seventeen. That is when I chose to quit school. I chose to quit, because I went through a rough a break up and seeing my ex everyday was not good. I got really deep into the relationship and it was not healthy. It got to the point of the ex threatening to get me beat up pretty much everyday with his little gang of girls always waiting outside my classes yelling at me what not. And I can tell you one thing now, I could have changed all of that by a simple transfer to another school. There is and was no excuse for me to quit. I would like to encourage any girl and guys even if you are going through a phase of thinking that you are better off with out your education (which you are not). I can honestly say I wish I just transfered schools and carried on with my life. I wish I was educated and had my diploma from high school. It stops me from getting even a normal job. I need a job in order to save up money for the course I really want to do and these days you can't even get a job pumping gas or even being a cashier at a dollar store with out your high school diploma. It hinders me from being able to do anything that I want to do. And now I need to brush up on my high school by getting my GED. Which I did do at one point, but I wrote the GED test and failed 3 out of 5 exams and got discouraged thinking I am stupid and did not try again until a year later and I had rewrite the all 5 exams again with out studying and failed again. Not this is what I am going through and now I am married with a daughter of whom I can't provide for on my own. I am a dependent of my husband and I don't want to be. I wish I was able to have income of my own contributing in my house, but because I can't get a normal cashier job to even pay for me to save up for the Cosmetics Course I want to take I sit at home feeling like I am worthless to my family when it comes to this particular topic in my life. Now that I have a kid it is time consuming and now I have no time what so ever to even think of studying.  It really makes you feel like a failure not getting your education so I plead and beg of all teenagers thinking or contemplating on quitting school to now do so. My life is now myself being a homemaker slaving on my kid (which I have no problem doing, I love my kid and I love my husband and love cooking and cleaning for them), but I wish I was doing it all the right way the way I was suppose to do so everything would be stress free with out doing with out all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment