Saturday 12 November 2011

Rude Police Officer

I have to say WOW!!! Seriously I have never met the most rudest police officer ever in my entire life until now.  I'll tell you briefly what happened today. Alright so I have moved away to Edmonton and not familiar with the area and don't know much about the place and I do not get out much until my husbands days off. So today was my husband first day off after a 6 day work week. I had to leave my stuff down at my grandma's and have her mail up my stuff as parcels. I was not home when the day before 6 boxes arrived to my door, so we had to go pick them up. After getting me and the baby ready to go out along with Jonathan getting himself ready, we drove across the street to Londonderry Mall (where the post office is for us to pick up our parcels). Jonathan pulls up to the side of the mall and walk in to pick up our parcels. As I am waiting for approximately 10 minutes I take a look out the drivers window to see a Police officer parked beside me. Then he looks at me with his hands waving in a sarcastic motion. So I hold my finger up to let him know one moment please, so I dig out my phone and call Jonathan's cell to tell him there's a police officer parked beside our car and he doesn't looked pleased. So I waited a few minutes hoping Jonathan would hurry up. Then the police officer is whaling his hands in the air me as if to mean you stupid idiot. So I got out of the car and asked him what is wrong (this is where the rudeness takes place). I asked him is there anything wrong, then he replies to me saying that I'm parked in a no parking zone, which there are no visible signs to determine it, but he pointed the sign out to me which was very well hidden if you ask me there also was no yellow lines painted on the ground to indicate otherwise so I automatically and wrongly assumed that is no big deal to park there. Then the police officer said I should have noticed or maybe I just don't know how to read. I told him that we were parked there to pick up our parcels and we would be on our way. Then he said well it shows in our system that you only live in walking distance to the mall so there was no need to drive over to pick up my parcel. Then I told this officer that I did say Parcels with an S at the end not Parcel and that we had 6 parcels coming. Then finally after Jonathan arrived with the parcels I loaded them up and told Jonathan to talk with the officer. He said to Jonathan and I quote what Jonathan told me what was said from the officer "this is me not being an asshole by not giving you a $150 ticket, and park some where else next time you pick up parcels". Although from the very beginning he was actually being the word that he claimed he was not being, by being insulting to me saying that the both of us obviously cannot read. So this guy I am not fond of, if this police officer would approached the issue in a better matter then I might have told him that I am new to the area and still not yet familiar with this particular malls requirements of no parking along the perimeter and that it would never happen again. I do not feel that people that are in the position of authority that act like this and abuse their authority to verbally be rude to people knowing that they can get away with because we cannot talk back,  or even say to them that they are being rude because they can lock us up for a night in jail, just because they can. I hope to never see this officer again. I also hope that not every police officer is not like this up here in Edmonton, because not even the police down home act so rudely.




No comments:

Post a Comment