Wednesday 9 November 2011

No Names On Food

So my husband, baby and I are living with my parents in Edmonton in a town house in a lease. They drive me crazy. They say that there is no names or labels on food, but when it comes to certain things no one is allowed to touch it, and it is also something that everyone in the house likes, if is stuff they bought we can't touch, but when we buy the same thing we still can not eat it.  Then they also say that if we have certain treats that we want for ourselves to put it down stairs in our area of the house. Also if I'm buying stuff for lunches for my husband for work and they say it's okay and they won't touch it, but then we come home a day after groceries are bought and the stuff is half eaten. They always try to make themselves appear to other people who do not live with us look like they are awesome and so good to us. When we do decide to take treats into our area of the house that is non refrigerate foods then we get called selfish. And heaven forbid I approach them on it, because they feel guilty and all they can come up with is that my husband and I are selfish for doing so. My husband likes sandwiches for work and then I buy like packages of lunch meat that is suppose to last at least 2 weeks, but they make a meal out of it and it ends up lasting at least 2 days. I am so sick of just because they are the older set of couples in this town house with us they think they can take over everything. I am tired of going into the fridge and I am told to help myself when really I am not even allowed to help myself to things that we buy with our own money. So lately we have only been buying the basics, stuff that no one cares to fight over for food and stuff. Also my mom always brings up the fact that when my husband first came here he took on a low paying job, and my father had a better paying job, so when they put money towards the town house my mom brings up the fact that even though my husbands whole pay was put into the house that because of whose check is bigger she brings up that my father paid more than Jonathan, but now my husband does not have a crap job and gets paid more than my dad. Still it is not good enough, she tries to say that we owe them money for the times of Jonathan not making a big enough pay, so what my dad covered willingly on Jonathans behalf she claims that we still owe them. So I mentioned about getting a mini fridge to put in the basement for our foods that we want to keep for Jonathans work lunches and that is us being selfish as well according to her. It's not like we're allowed to have what we want out of our own grocery order heaven forbid keep aside just the food for Jonathan's lunches. I am tired of living with my family. Nothing has changed since I left home and now having to live with them again for a whole due to a lease is torture.




No comments:

Post a Comment