Tuesday 16 July 2013

Working At Merle Norman

I've been working at Merle Norman for about two and a half weeks now. It is very nice and a comfortable atmosphere. I am learning so much! I never did know how to wax at all now I take care of a plethora of the customers walking into Merle Norman. I did get taught on some make-up application, although being trained on that breezed by once they realized I did not need much training as make-up is my main thing that I've always known to do. I do not need to know to cleanse, tone, moisturize then prime your face before a daily make-up application like most newbee's do. I have made it my business to know everything there is to know about make-up and skin care. I am really happy that even though I did not get a first pay yet, I am still kept in money as we do get tips, $2 here $3 there or after the charge $10.50 and then giving 3 $5 bills or a $20 bill we're often times to keep the change. It is nice to have those tips, because half the time I do not feel like making lunch the night before or even in the morning, because I am spending time with my daughter for the most part in my evenings, as for trying to make a lunch in the morning, I just can't. I feel sick first thing in the morning when I smell food. I never did eat breakfast right away. I had to wait until it was at least 10 or 11 am, so trying to be around food in the morning just for the sake of myself having a lunch wouldn't be good for my weak stomach.
I must say I don't mind the perks of working there as well, we get 50% off in the store, and I was willing to pay, but I got my co-worker Hisie to wax my brows as they have grown a lot in two weeks and I was not charged, because we did not take away from any customers as it was a slow period of the day. Now had I been on a day off and came in for a waxing, I'd most likely have to pay, but with my 50% off it is a win win. I must say of all the jobs I've ever had, I love this one the most. I know I was good in sales for call centres, but it was not my thing and neither was working in dollar stores, restaurants etc. I hated it all, even though I did well at it. I never loved it, like I love my job now. I am surrounded by the stuff I've always loved, MAKE-UP & SKIN CARE PRODUCTS.

No comments:

Post a Comment