Friday 23 December 2011

Peanut Butter Balls

It is that time of year when you indulge and break your dieting for sake of goodies. I just made the best first batch of peanut butter balls and I did awesome for my first try. I will take a picture later on upload it. Although it was a mess and I am not one for getting sticky hands and such so I won't be making these so often. Or maybe I just might because my husband loves them so much! Here is the method on how to make them. So to start here is what you will need for ingredients: 2 Cups of Rice Crispies, 1 Cup of icing sugar, 1/4 cup of margarine, 1 Cup Peanut Butter, 1/2 Cup Coconut & 2 Bags of Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips.

First mix together in a bowl your rice crispies, peanut butter, coconut and icing sugar. Mix really well. (Another way to do this is melt peanut butter in sauce pan and then pour it over top the ingredients and them stir together, then chill in fridge for a bit).  Once your mix in the bowl is all incorporated well all through out then make into at least inch size balls. (As your making balls take your margarine and put into a pot and melt it then once melted dump chocolate chips in until melted as well then turn dial to 1.

Then to dip take tooth picks and dip balls into chocolate onto a cookie sheet layered with parchment paper and let sit in freezer for a bit to get chocolate hardened.

Tips: One good ingredient for balls especially for Christmas balls add to chocolate a little bit of peppermint or mint extract.





No comments:

Post a Comment