Saturday 31 August 2013

Donnie Snook Again

I am well aware that none of you care for Donnie and his actions and have a heart filled with hate for him. As I really feel upset about everything he has done. Now finally reading that he has owned up to the accusations and knowing that they are true it is really hurtful. As I somewhat got to know him when he started up kids zone at the church I not only attended, but attended the private christian school there as well. Here is a link to an older blog post about a time when I helped with kids zone and how it makes me feel. Click here
As I write this I want people to know that I do not condone this kind of behaviour as I have a little 2 and a half year old and wouldn't want this same kind of actions happen to my wee one.
What I don't understand is the hatred towards him, especially you christians out there. We are suppose to love and forgive one another, Jesus came for us all and especially people like Donnie and all the criminal's sitting their in their jail cell. He was once a young boy who has been taking advantage of in the same way as it was confessed in the post online I read today here... It's not like when he was a young child and when in grade 3 or 4 when his teacher asked him what he wanted to be when he grew up. It's not like he responded saying "Oh teacher I want to grow up and molest a bunch of children."
We got to remember that since this did happen to him as well that what do you think it made him feel? That no one took a stand for what was happening to him and that obviously whoever did so unto him as a child obviously didn't get put away for it like he is now being put away for those very same actions that were done to him.
Instead of wishing him dead and rotting and all those hateful posts, wouldn't you want to see him become a better person? I know I do, I don't wish him any ill will at all. That is not fair to do such a thing to a fellow christian, and yes it still makes him a christian, just because he chose a wrong thing to do doesn't mean that in God's eye that he has not forgiving him. It is so funny how perverse this world has become. Because we can forgive women out there that prostitute and also have organizations that go out and encourage it by passing out condoms.  Also, we forgive thieves, murderer's, homosexuality etc more so than a pedophile. Just to be clear to you all God loves us all whether we have committed such crimes as mentioned above or if we haven't. All of this is considered sin in God's eyes, but the best part of it all is that if we recognize it as sin and don't want to displease him and fight against it and is truly sorry for it all, he will forgive you and already has before you even ask of it, because he loved us so much. Now don't think that because he has already forgiven us for it that it is okay to continue in it because 'hey he'll forgive me someday,' that is not quite how it works.
I wish more people would just want to show love and support towards people such as Donnie and want to help him seek therapy and same goes for all who have sinned, why can't we just show love towards one another? Tell people that their living a life full of sin and not be afraid to tell them and what they will think. I rather tell them the truth in hopes of saving their soul from the pits of hell, then to be silent and go to heaven being judged by God for not doing my rightful job and because of maybe something I could have said to someone, might have been the jump start of their walk with God. I'd rather spread the love in hopes of them walking into heaven's gates with me, then to see them going to a place where I wouldn't wish anyone not even Donnie Snook to be in.
I hope that maybe you all can just reach out a little more to people and show more love to one another. What's the use to of this whole pay it forward movement and the suspended coffee? If we can't be so forgiving? A coffee is a coffee, but taking time to talk to someone and hear their story and even forgiving such sins from someone like Donnie would be a great start to making the world a better place instead of being part of the hatred that is out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment